Categories
Everybody Has A Story

Everybody Has A Story: Seth Glover

Camas High School Senior Seth Glover absolutely loves the game of basketball. He picked up the game three years ago after he started watching it on TV.

He said, “Seeing all the half-court shots, buzzer beaters, dunks, and especially watching Dame (Damian Lillard) on T.V.”

Courtesy of Seth Glover.

Since then, Glover has made basketball a part of his life. Before the pandemic shut things down, he would play ball with his friends whenever he got the chance. Glover loves the team aspect of the game and how everyone works together to achieve a common goal.

He explained why he loves playing basketball with friends.

“Having a fun time with my friends, and listening to music. Also making awesome shots!” Glover said.

Last season he was the manager for CHS’s men’s basketball team. As manager, Glover was in charge of several important things, like getting the team water, running the clock at practice, gathering the balls, and filming the games.

He said, “Being able to watch the games, and be with the team is awesome.”

Glover was always willing to help out his teammates with a smile on his face. 

This past year has been challenging for him but at the same time, it has been a year of growth. Over the course of 2020, Glover has learned how to make the most out of an unfortunate situation, how to persevere, and how to overcome adversity. With all of the obstacles that have been thrown at Glover this year, it is clear to see that his passion is one thing that cannot be taken away from him. 

Courtesy of Seth Glover.

Despite schools and gyms being closed, Glover has continued to work on his game and is excited about the progress he is making. He also started playing fantasy basketball for the first time, which he really enjoys.

Glover said, “I’m confident in my game and I have gotten more mature as time goes on.” 

Zachary Gittings
Latest posts by Zachary Gittings (see all)

By Zachary Gittings

My name is Zach Gittings and I am a senior at
CHS this year. I took journalism this year all because I was recommended to take this class. After reading about this class on an informative letter, I knew that this was a class I can benefit from. Outside of school, you can catch me working down at Lutz hardware, playing lacrosse, or spending time with my friends.