Categories
Humans of CHS Staff of CHS Uncategorized

Silver Lining: Nilles

What has been your silver lining personally during this quarantine time?

• More family time. My senior is graduating and this time has allowed us to slow down and have a bunch of unexpected family time that is usually eaten up by a ton of activities.
  • I have had time for personal projects and hobbies (and so many of my hobbies that have always seemed antiquated—sewing, baking, food preserving—are suddenly in vogue!)
  • I jumped on the sourdough bread train, which I’ve actually been looking to do for a long time.

What has been your silver lining professionally during quarantine?

• I’ve had time to learn and use technological tools I’ve wanted to explore, but never had the time to do.
  • More one on one time wth students and getting to know them better in ways I wouldn’t ever get to know them at school.
  • Having time to slow down and eat lunch without working; seriously, this can’t be overrated.
  • Every day is take your pet to work day.

What do you miss most about being at CHS?

• Seeing my students in person every day. I miss their personalities, teaching each class, and sitting next to them problem solving. I miss what I learn from them.
  • I miss seeing my colleagues in person so so much!!
Kate Gooding
Latest posts by Kate Gooding (see all)

By Kate Gooding

In addition to advising the Camasonian program, Ms. Gooding teaches sophomore English at Camas High School. Her background prior to teaching is in journalism. She worked as a television news producer in southern California, as well as in the Portland area at KGW and KATU, and as a professional writer in Portland. She enjoys hiking, traveling, and spending time with her daughters, Gwen and Greta.